Friday, November 03, 2006

Off the map

I'm at my parents' house in Rye, Colorado. Solar heating!



















Last night we went to the actual Country Club for a very grownup awards ceremony - the 'rents were feted, skirts were worn, steaks were eaten. I always feel about 13 years old at such functions, but it was very nice. I'm only putting this in the blog because my brother said he checks it every day and is always disappointed when there's no news. There you go, Karl.

This afternoon I'll venture into the wilderness to hide out at the Ohlsens' Poncha Springs cabin, where I will be forced to survive with no amenities other than a dishwasher, hot tub, army's worth of food and electric heat. If I don't make it back alive, I want you all to know I love you.

Becky


p.s. Zach, do you recognize this?

1 comment:

  1. Posted on behalf of Zach, ie stolen from Zach's email:

    No, it's not a hamster ranch. What it is, in truth, is a steel transport and launch container for a surface to air missile. Why, you ask, does Becky's dad have a launch container for a surface to air missile?

    NOT ONLY is this thing a container for a surface to air missile, but, with the addition of a broken screen door, it has become, yes, a BARBEQUE.

    NOT ONLY has this portable missile silo been converted into a BARBEQUE, but it is painted in highly viscous, army green, lead based paint - thus insuring that a little bit of CRAZY gets into every delicious lamb chop.

    ReplyDelete