Monday, January 02, 2006

As far as anyone can tell, I've failed in my attempt to catch "Mad Cow Disease" via my contact-lens solution.

I won't give up - it's the most exotically mundane method of dying I can think of, and I'm headed back to the UK this summer to try again.

In the meantime, though, it's Plan B: a two-week tour of Beijing and Hong Kong. If this doesn't at least get me bird flu, I will be very disappointed.

I leave tomorrow morning and arrive in Beijing sometime Wednesday evening, Jan 4. I'll post here as often as possible during the trip, detailing my overall health, symptoms identified, relevant food items eaten (chicken feet, Peking duck etc) and incidental adventures. I will also take photos but they may have to be added later, depending on technology. Hope you all enjoy it!

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment